Monday 16 October 2017

Weird day



The southerly breeze this morning was warm and sticky
and smelt of burning.
The air was lilac.
The clouds were bruise-grey and the sun was blood-red.


The radio was full of dire warnings about a hurricane but they didn't know whether it would it hit us or whether it would pass us by.
I almost didn’t want to walk the dog, especially when I got to the park and saw this.


At the park all we talked about was the sun:
we'd never seen it that colour during the day before.



Now the sky is clearing and the wind has got up.
In spite of the sun it’s cold, and everything is banging.



I still don’t want to go out.

1 comment:

  1. The light was so weird today wasn't it...I 'm very envious of your wonderful blood red sun and bruise-grey cloud photo...the sky was more golden here but you couldn't see the sun....and all my photos didn't capture it all - in fact they were all blurred! TX

    ReplyDelete

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!